Can a Will made in the UK simply be ignored by an executor?

Peter Hindley and Susan Goodsell wish to inform visitors to this website that:

Any Last Will and Testament can be legally ignored and bypassed in the United Kingdom, there is nothing within the Laws as they stand today to stop such abuse by any executor.

We have proved that your, a loved one’s or anybody’s, Last Will and Testament is easy to mal administer in England, and we have shown how it can be done, with or without the help of a solicitor. Executors can and are excluded. Even Wills written by solicitors can be ignored; Solicitors, and Will writing agents know this, but they still continue selling this drafting service which is not fit for its purpose. There is no real safeguard that the wishes of the deceased will be adhered to; there is nothing in place to ensure compliance. All this is sadly true and the reason we have written our book; it is in the public’s interest to know the pitfalls we have unearthed.

What needs to be done?

All the British Inheritance Laws need to be changed and/or replaced with Laws that protects and honours the dead: Laws that actually can and will be enforced, Laws that actually work to protect those who write a Will and penalizing those who go against a dead person’s instructions.

We would hate to see what has happened to us repeated although we know that will happen every day until those within the Government and Legal Profession act to rectify matters. Until these much needed changes are implemented we know Wills are mal-administered daily in the United Kingdom and the perpetrators profit, unhindered and walk away scot free with their ill gotten gains.

What can you do?

You can help bring these changes into force by writing the letter drafted at the back of our book and posting it, we give a list of suggested recipients. Nothing will be done to make the change until enough people act: the aide to the Minister of Justice made that quite clear at our meeting in his office.

Our website: http://www.howsafeisawillintheuk.com

Your will in the UK can be ignored, open your eyes

Our story shows what we have experienced and uncovered while trying to execute Alan Hindley’s Will; it has resulted in a complex 10 year journey that exposes many facets of human nature and the establishment’s workings. You will be amazed and disgusted by what is disclosed within the pages. Please remember that everything is true. Everyone needs to be aware of the immoral reality”.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. psychology today’s avatar

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I am inspired!

Extremely useful information particularly the closing phase
    :) I take care of such info much. I was looking
    for this certain information for a very lengthy time.

Thank you and good luck.

1. Teresa’s avatar

Hello Psychology Today. Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to learn that you found the post useful. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Best wishes.

Teresa Evans

2. Stephen Pett’s avatar

It is far worse than that.
    Yes, a Will can easily be ignored, and they are often thrown away by folk who find them in the deceaseds house and simply throw them away as they don’t like the contents.
    if the Will is stored, there is often simply a letter confirming where it is, and then no further follow up for the next 20 years. We give the executors and the testator laminated storage certificates (had to lose!) and write to the testator every year to update them – which should be standard practice. Many, many Wills are never found, and even more are out of date, not signed, invalidated by marriage etc etc.
    The Probate Registry offers a storage system which could be readily adapted to ensure that ALL Wills are registered, wherever they are stored.
    But on to worse, as promised.
    Lasting Powers of Attorney were simply designed (as far as I can tell) to allow crooks to defraud old people, and the Court of Protection is rather misnamed as it doesn’t even seem to think the crooks should give the money back when they are Court.
    The system is so dire that we could (illegally) create a Lasting Power of Attorney for David Cameron so we could take over the UK!!
    The longer I practice, the more appalling I thing the Legal Planning system is in England and Wales.
    Just make sure you don’t leave it until you are old and easily influenced and that you keep things under review – tax, the law and family circumstances are always changing.
    Rant over!

1. Teresa’s avatar

A welcome rant Stephen. Thank you for your comments.

Best wishes

Teresa Evans

1. Teresa’s avatar

It appears so Culver City Psychologist. Check out http://www.howsafeisawillintheuk.com/

3. susan wood’s avatar

I am interested in learning more about your experience and story. My mother died 14th March 2014 . She made a will in 2010 with solicitors and she made me executor. I have a younger sister and older brother. I was unable to execute her wishes because my brother ignored her Will. She had gone to live with him in 2012, after a couple of spells in hospital which made her feel vulnerable and unable to stay in her own home. Events moved quickly after that as my brother took complete charge of her life. He sold her house without much consultation with rest of family and told everyone mother had dementia. He isolated her from me (I was always closest to her) and forbid me to visit her at his house because I expressed concerns about her care. Social services did nothing to help me as I was worried sick about what was happening to my mother.

This is a long sad story so I can’t tell everything here. My brother opened a joint account for the proceeds of the house sale and then transferred everything into his own account. When my mother died there was nothing left of her estate as he had removed every penny including all her income from the time she lived with him. As executor I did as much as I could but he doesn’t communicate with me. I went to the Police to report what he had done but they would do nothing, which amazed me and saddened because, clearly, the laws around Wills count for nothing. He
    ignored the will entirely.

These cases are commonplace. People don’t fight them because its heartbreaking and solicitors charge a fortune. The laws don’t safeguard the wishes of the person who made the Will. I never knew this. The Police never get involved so hideous crimes could easily be committed.

There is a website called http://www.change.com which helps people to campaign against injustice and brings matters to public attention. It us extremely successful perhaps we can all join forces and make the government change the law?

1. Teresa’s avatar

Hi Susan. I hope you will contact Susan Goodsell and Peter Hindley about your sad experience via http://www.howsafeisawillintheuk.com/

Best wishes to you.

Teresa Evans

2. Susan Goodsell’s avatar

Hi Susan

So sorry to read yet another case that has gone so terribly wrong like so many others.

You can contact us on snakehips47@yahoo.fr or saphireanimal@aol.com

Kind regards

Susan

4. Susan Goodsell’s avatar

Should anybody want to contact us further on this topic then please email: saphireanimal@aol.com

Susan

5. Theresa’s avatar

This piece off writing will hekp tthe internet people
    for setting up new website or even a weblog from start to end.

6. Benedict’s avatar

I know this web page gives quality dependent content and extra
    information, is there any other site which gives such
    data in quality?